The purpose of Our Lady of the Lake’s strategic plan is to equip all parishioners to follow Jesus Christ by emulating the perfect discipleship of the Blessed Virgin Mary, celebrating the liturgy prayerfully, receiving compassionate care, connecting with the parish community, living according to the Gospel mission, and sharing the Catholic faith in Holland, on the Lakeshore, and to the ends of the earth.
Parish Mission Statement
As children of God, Our Lady of the Lake parishioners are drawn together from diverse backgrounds by our Catholic faith. We are a caring, evolving Catholic community, aspiring to share our gifts and grow in our understanding and practice of the Gospel of Christ, while worshiping, celebrating, and learning together.
Welcome from Our Pastor
Dear friends in Christ,
All are welcome here at the Catholic community of Our Lady of the Lake! We are a Eucharistic family living the mission of Christ. By virtue of our baptism the Lord has given us a high calling to make disciples for his kingdom. It is a tremendously challenging mission and a humbling one, but we remember his words, that he came to seek and save the lost. As the baptized, we have become coworkers in the Lord’s earthly mission. His mission is our mission!
We journey with the Lord by centering our lives on five key dimensions of Christian discipleship: worshiping, growing, serving, connecting, and giving.
- In worship we faithfully gather to celebrate the Eucharist every Sunday, the source and summit of our faith.
- In growing we learn what it means to be authentic disciples of Christ.
- In serving we imitate the essence of the Christian life by serving God and one another.
- In connecting we gather together with our Christian brothers and sisters as a community to support one another, and to keep ourselves accountable to one another, in our pursuit of authentic Christian discipleship.
- In giving we offer generously of our financial resources in proportion to what we have received in order to build up the kingdom of God in our parish community and in the world.
Once again, I offer a warm welcome to all who worship here, and I invite all seekers, inquirers, the non-baptized, and those who wish to return to the Catholic faith, to come and see the goodness of the Lord!
In Christ’s peace,
Fr. Mike Cilibraise, Pastor
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.”