The Respect Life Guild is a group of volunteers who coordinate pro-life activities and education at our parish. Initiatives include 40 Days for Life, Respect Life Month, Mother’s and Father’s Day displays, the Pro-Life Rosary, and more.
Pray the Pro-Life Rosary
The Holy Mother’s Beads has made special Pro-Life Rosaries. There are also pamphlets that guide you through all the additional prayers that ask for Our Lady’s intercession against abortion and the culture of death. These Rosaries and pamphlets are available in the narthex during Respect Life Month (October) or upon request.
- 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign of prayer, fasting, and outreach to cooperate with God in his plan to end abortion. OLL participates in the Lent and fall campaigns, which take place outside an abortion clinic in Grand Rapids.
- Project Rachel offers opportunities for reconciliation and healing for women, and for all, who suffer emotional and spiritual pain from an abortion experience.
- Positive Options provides free, confidential, and compassionate care for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Lakeshore Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered ministry that responds to unplanned pregnancy and believes that every life matters, healthy relationships are vital, biblical sexuality is possible, and hope is eternal.
- Respect Life Ministry in the Diocese of Grand Rapids
- Respect Life Resources from the USCCB