Eucharistic Adoration is prayer in front of the Host, the real presence of Christ, displayed in a monstrance. Adoration takes place in the OLL chapel on the first Friday of every month.
In accordance with guidelines from the Diocese of Grand Rapids, we are currently limiting Adoration to one hour. Therefore, on June 5, there will be an hour of Adoration following the 9 a.m. Mass in the main church.
Adoration doesn’t have to be intimidating! Here’s what to do:
- Arrive at Our Lady of the Lake 10-15 minutes early and enter through the chapel doors.
- Sign in at the table in the back of the chapel.
- Before, during, and after your time slot, please maintain an atmosphere of silence and reverence in the chapel. It’s appropriate to genuflect (bow on one knee) before sitting down or leaving as a sign of reverence for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- You can pray however you want to during Adoration. There are prayer resources in the back of the chapel for you to use.
- Someone must always be in the chapel with the Host, so please do not leave during your time slot.
- When your time slot is over, check the sign up sheet to see if at least one of the people in the next slot have arrived. If so, sign out and leave.