Eucharistic Adoration is prayer in front of the Sacred Host, the real presence of Christ, displayed in a monstrance. Adoration takes place in the OLL sanctuary on the first Friday of every month.
Instructions for Adoration:
- Arrive at Our Lady of the Lake 10-15 minutes early. Please follow all guidelines related to COVID, including wearing a face mask at all times and maintaining social distance.
- Sign in at the podium near the entrance to the sanctuary.
- Before, during, and after your time slot, please maintain an atmosphere of silence and reverence in the sanctuary. It’s appropriate to genuflect (bow on one knee) before sitting down or leaving as a sign of reverence for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Someone must always be in the sanctuary with the Host, so please do not leave during your time slot.
- When your time slot is over, check the sign up sheet to see if at least one of the people in the next slot have arrived. If so, sign out and leave.