May we show by our words and actions that every human life is cherished and chosen!
“By embracing the mission entrusted to him, St. Juan Diego helped bring Christ’s transforming love to cultures gripped by oppression and death… Like St. Juan Diego, let us embrace our daily mission to help others encounter God’s transforming, life-giving love.”
USCCB Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities
2018–19 Respect Life Reflection
Celebrate Respect Life Month!
You are invited to join Catholics nationwide in celebrating Respect Life Month this October with the message “Every Life: Cherished, Chosen, Sent”! Learn more at www.usccb.org/respectlife, and check out the bulletin board in the gathering space for more information and opportunities.
Pray the Pro-Life Rosary
The Holy Mother’s Beads has made special Pro-Life Rosaries that are available for free in the back of the chapel during the month of October. There are also pamphlets that will guide you through all the additional prayers that ask for Our Lady’s intercession against abortion and the culture of death.
- Respect Life Month Letter from Bishop Walkowiak
- 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign of prayer, fasting, and outreach to cooperate with God in his plan to end abortion.
- Project Rachel offers opportunities for reconciliation and healing for women, and for all, who suffer emotional and spiritual pain from an abortion experience. Their upcoming Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreat is October 26–28 in the Grand Rapids area. The fee is $150, and scholarships are available. Register at least a week ahead of time by contacting Maggie Walsh at email@example.com or 616-340-1824.
- Saint Benedict Institute: A Civil Dialogue on Abortion
- Focus on Life Dinner
- March for Life: The Office for Family, Youth, and Young Adults in our diocese is offering the opportunity for high-school-age young people to participate in the 2019 March for Life in Washington, D.C. The event is an opportunity to pray and peacefully protest the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision and to promote the gift and sanctity of life.
- Positive Options provides free, confidential, and compassionate care for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Lakeshore Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered ministry that responds to unplanned pregnancy and believes that every life matters, healthy relationships are vital, biblical sexuality is possible, and hope is eternal.