Respect Life Month 2019 at OLL
- Resource Table: There will be a new display on a different pro-life topic each week in the narthex, so check back after every weekend Mass in October!
- Pray the Pro-Life Rosary: Every Wednesday in October at 6 p.m. in the chapel
- Sign the Petition to End Dismemberment Abortion: October 5-6 after all Masses
- Viewing of the “Unplanned” Movie: Sunday, October 13 at 2 p.m. in the hall
- 40 Days for Life Prayer Vigil: Saturday, October 19
OLL now has a Respect Life Guild, a group of volunteers who coordinate pro-life activities and education at the parish. If you are interested in receiving our communications, participating in our activities, and/or in helping to plan and implement pro-life events, please contact Cory Lakatos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-399-1062. The guild meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the parish library (see the parish calendar in case the meeting has been moved).
Outside Events for Respect Life Month and Beyond
- Respect Life Mass at St. Francis de Sales Parish: October 4, 6 p.m.
- Focus on Life Dinner (Grand Rapids): October 7, 6:30 p.m.
- Focus on Life Dinner (Holland): October 22, 6:30 p.m.
- Rachel’s Vineyard retreat: October 25-27
- March for Life: January 24, 2020
- National Right to Life Convention: June 26-27, 2020
Pray the Pro-Life Rosary
Wednesdays in October at 6 p.m. in the Chapel
The Holy Mother’s Beads has made special Pro-Life Rosaries that are available for free in the back of the chapel during the month of October. There are also pamphlets that will guide you through all the additional prayers that ask for Our Lady’s intercession against abortion and the culture of death. You are invited to pray the Pro-Life Rosary with your fellow parishioners every Wednesday in October.
- 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign of prayer, fasting, and outreach to cooperate with God in his plan to end abortion.
- Project Rachel offers opportunities for reconciliation and healing for women, and for all, who suffer emotional and spiritual pain from an abortion experience. Their upcoming Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreat is October 26–28 in the Grand Rapids area. The fee is $150, and scholarships are available. Register at least a week ahead of time by contacting Maggie Walsh at email@example.com or 616-340-1824.
- Positive Options provides free, confidential, and compassionate care for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Lakeshore Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered ministry that responds to unplanned pregnancy and believes that every life matters, healthy relationships are vital, biblical sexuality is possible, and hope is eternal.