Respect Life Guild
The Respect Life Guild is a group of volunteers who coordinate pro-life activities and education at the parish. If you are interested in receiving our communications, participating in our activities, and/or in helping to plan and implement pro-life events, please contact Cory Lakatos at email@example.com or 616-399-1062. The guild meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the parish library (see the parish calendar in case the meeting has been moved).
Respect Life Events
- Holland March for Life: January 18, 2020
- March for Life: January 24, 2020
- National Right to Life Convention: June 26-27, 2020
Pray the Pro-Life Rosary
The Holy Mother’s Beads has made special Pro-Life Rosaries. There are also pamphlets that guide you through all the additional prayers that ask for Our Lady’s intercession against abortion and the culture of death. These Rosaries and pamphlets are available upon request. We also hold Pro-Life Rosary events in October, which is Respect Life Month.
- 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign of prayer, fasting, and outreach to cooperate with God in his plan to end abortion.
- Project Rachel offers opportunities for reconciliation and healing for women, and for all, who suffer emotional and spiritual pain from an abortion experience. Their upcoming Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreat is October 26–28 in the Grand Rapids area. The fee is $150, and scholarships are available. Register at least a week ahead of time by contacting Maggie Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-340-1824.
- Positive Options provides free, confidential, and compassionate care for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Lakeshore Pregnancy Center is a Christ-centered ministry that responds to unplanned pregnancy and believes that every life matters, healthy relationships are vital, biblical sexuality is possible, and hope is eternal.