May 30-31, 2020
Free tickets are required for Sunday Masses, including Saturday Vigils. Click here or call the parish office at 616-399-1062.
We are excited to announce that public Masses will resume at OLL beginning with Pentecost! Being separated from the Mass and from our parish has been difficult for all of us. We are thankful for your patience and perseverance over the past two months, and we rejoice at the thought of gathering once again for the holy sacrifice. As we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit and our return to public liturgies, we pray that our community will draw together to worship the Lord and to protect every member of our parish, especially the most vulnerable.
To that end, we are taking a number of precautions based on guidelines from the Diocese of Grand Rapids to ensure the health and safety of everyone who attends Mass. Please read the following guidelines, read our bishop’s letter, get tickets for Mass by clicking here, and watch this video about new Mass procedures. You can also get tickets for Mass by calling the parish office at 616-399-1062. We know that these procedures are complicated and cumbersome, and we ask for your understanding and cooperation as we all adjust to these new circumstances.
We are also excited to announce that our RCIA candidates and catechumens will receive the Sacraments of Initiation at the 11 a.m. Mass on Pentecost. Please pray for them!
Mass Attendance Guidelines:
- Attendance will be limited. We will reopen at 25% seating capacity, so it may not be possible for you to attend Sunday Mass (including the Saturday Vigil) every week for a while. Please be considerate of your fellow parishioners when deciding how often to attend. While we hope to see you back at Mass soon, we understand if you need to stay home for health reasons. Our bishop has dispensed all Catholics in the diocese from their obligation to attend Sunday Mass through June 30. OLL will continue to live stream one Mass each Sunday through the end of June.
- Consider attending weekday Masses instead of Sunday Masses. This is a good option if you are concerned about crowds on Saturday and Sunday. We will return to our usual schedule of weekday Masses after Pentecost, with the addition of a 6:30 p.m. Mass on Wednesdays. There will also be a special 6:30 p.m. Mass for the Memorial of Mary, Mother of the Church, on Monday, June 1. Weekday Masses will take place in the main church, and only the main doors will be open. Tickets are not required.
- Free tickets will be required for Saturday and Sunday Masses. You can get tickets by clicking here or by calling the parish office at 616-399-1062. The registration window will open at noon on Monday each week and close at noon on Saturday. Each member of your household needs their own ticket. A greeter will need to check your tickets at the main doors (the chapel doors will be locked), so please arrive early with your tickets on your phone or printed out.
- Social distancing will be practiced. Individuals who are not part of the same household will need to sit at least six feet apart. An usher will help you find seats on Saturday and Sundays. Social distancing will also apply in other parts of the building.
- Masks will be required. Bring your own face covering. This applies to everyone over the age of two. We understand that this may be difficult with children; please do your best.
- Mass will look different. Fonts will remain empty. There will be no physical greetings. Distribution of the Precious Blood will remain suspended. Worship aides for Sunday Masses will be available as you walk in, and after Mass you must dispose of them in the recycling bins or take them with you. You may drop your offering in a collection podium in the narthex before or after Mass, or you can give via the website, text message, or mail.
- Extra sanitization will be in place. Staff will wipe down frequently touched surfaces between Masses. Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, especially for use before Holy Communion.
If you have questions or concerns, please call the parish office at 616-399-1062. Thank you for your patience and cooperation! We hope to see you back at Mass soon!
Rev. Michael F. Cilibraise