Solemnity of Corpus Christi
Adoration and Prayer for Our School
Grow in love for Christ in the Eucharist and pray for Corpus Christi Catholic School in honor of its feast day! There will be Eucharistic Adoration in the chapel beginning after the 9 a.m. Mass on June 1, extending overnight, and ending at noon on Saturday with benediction.
Please sign up for a one-hour time slot (or more!) at the welcome desk after Mass, by calling Steve Redmond at 616-399-5520, or by contacting Cory Lakatos at 616-399-1062 ext. 110 or email@example.com. There is a Facebook event, but you don’t need to RSVP on Facebook to come to Adoration.
- 9 a.m. — Daily Mass
- 9:30 a.m. — Adoration begins with the First Friday Devotion
- 3 p.m. — Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- 7 p.m. — Litany of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus
- 9 a.m. — Reconciliation
- 10 a.m. — Rosary
- 12 p.m. — Adoration ends with Benediction
What to Do at Adoration:
Adoration doesn’t have to be intimidating! At its heart, it’s simply spending time with Jesus, praying and worshiping however you feel led by the Spirit. We’ll provide a variety of prayer resources and times for communal prayer so you’ll never feel bored, lost, or confused.
- Arrive at Our Lady of the Lake 10-15 minutes early and enter through the chapel doors. Sign in at the table in the back of the chapel.
- Before, during, and after your time slot, please maintain an atmosphere of silence and reverence in the chapel. It’s appropriate to genuflect (bow on one knee) before sitting down as a sign of reverence for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- You can pray however you want to during Adoration. There will be prayer resources near the sign in table. You are especially encouraged to pray for the people of Corpus Christi School.
- Someone must always be in the chapel with the Host, so please do not leave during your time slot.
- When your time slot is over, check the sign up sheet to see if at least one of the people in the next slot have arrived. If so, sign out and leave.